I always knew Robin was a bastard.
Batman
'Batman RIP' will see "the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman", according to Grant Morrison.
There are rumours that Batman will suffer a gruesome end when his sidekick Robin goes over to "the dark side" and destroys him in a terrible betrayal.
Batman, alter ego of Bruce Wayne a wealthy industrialist, operates in the American Gotham City.
Others speculate that Wayne may either retire from his duties or be killed by a mystery villain known as the Black Glove.
His fate will be revealed in the latest issue of DC Comic's Batman, published on 26 November.
Either way, his demise will lead to a hunt for a replacement.
"What I am doing is a fate worse than death, things that no one would expect to happen to these guys at all," Mr Morrison told Comic Book Resources.
Mr Morrison, the Scottish writer, has written storylines for comics including X-Men for Marvel and Superman for DC Comics. He took over writing the Batman series for DC in 2006.
Bruce Wayne has given up the Caped Crusader mantle once before. In the 'Knightfall' storyline, Batman's back was broken by villain Bane, causing Wayne to recruit Jean-Paul Valley to replace him.
Mr Morrison declined to reveal who the new Batman would be, but the frontrunners include Tim Drake who has been Robin since 1991 and [richard] Grayson - the original Boy Wonder.
It is not the first time a superhero has met an unfortunate end in the comic world.
Last year, Captain America was killed after being shot by a sniper in New York.
Superman's death in 1992 at the hands of Doomsday became the biggest selling Superman comic in history. He was later resurrected.
Batman was co-created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger for DC Comics. The character first appeared in Detective Comics in May 1939.
I always knew Robin was a bastard.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always knew Robin was a bastard. </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
Just say no to Robin in the Nolan's Batman.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458725,00.html
killed by the leader of black glove, claiming to be his father
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
well i'll be damned
I used to be a BIG comic book fan and I hate to see Bruce Wayne pass on but I guess it is time for a change.
I am thinking now Wayne left [richard] Grayson Wayne Enterprises in a will and he will be the new Batman. I always did like Tim Drake as Robin.
I actually tried to find a bit about this, if I read right, Robin got killed too. I think Nightwing is alive.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Never understood why Batman was considered a superhero in the first place. Just a guy with a utility belt and a cool car.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
rock i read all i could, but i didnt catch the robin dying part, they are speculating that tim drake or [richard] grayson could take over the bat suit
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks